The 81-year-old singer has cancelled the remainder of his 2026 US and Mexico performances after undergoing a coronary stent procedure, with doctors advising him to spend the next four weeks recovering. Stewart says he is already “feeling better” and hopes to return to the stage soon, but the decision comes after a string of recent cancellations linked to health problems. With more performances already affected and fans waiting for his return, the latest setback has raised fresh questions about what comes next for the legendary singer… 👀

The 81-year-old will take four weeks off to recover after undergoing a coronary stent procedure, cutting short the US and Mexico performances for the remainder of the year, which were due to stretch into September.

Rod Stewart shares emotional message from hospital bed after heart surgery  as wife pays tribute - Yahoo News UK

“I’m already feeling better and very much on the mend,” he said in a statement on Instagram. “I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me.

“I am deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon.”

He had been scheduled to perform events across Ohio, Illinois and Mexico, as well as a six-night stretch at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

His wife Penny Lancaster paid tribute to her husband, posting a selfie of them kissing on her Instagram Story on Wednesday. The sweet photo was set to Stewart’s song, You’re In My Heart.

Rod Stewart cancels remainder of US tour after heart operation | ITV News

Stewart’s representatives said he was “doing very well” following the procedure and had “returned to his normal daily activities”.

The statement added: “On the advice of his doctors, he will take the next four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage.

Sir Rod Stewart gives fans a backstage glimpse of his dressing room | Daily  Mail Online

“Unfortunately, this means he will be unable to continue his current tour dates. Information regarding affected performances will be communicated by the respective promoters and venues.”

Two further dates in Colorado are scheduled for September 2027.

The announcement came after Stewart postponed shows in Cincinnati and Cleveland following medical concerns.

Penny Lancaster Rod Stewart Penny Lancaster shared this sweet photo with Stewart on Wednesday

Instagram

Cleveland’s Rocket Arena earlier confirmed the cancellation on social media, writing: “Following a period of monitoring, doctors have advised Rod Stewart to rest for at least 48 hours. As a result, his performance tomorrow night, August 11, 2026 at Rocket Arena in Cleveland has been cancelled.

“Rod is disappointed to miss the show and appreciates everyone’s understanding. He looks forward to returning to the stage soon.”

Health problems had also forced the cancellation and postponement of shows in May and June.

In May, the Maggie May singer sent “apologies to my family of fans” in a statement to the Las Vegas Review-Journal after cancelling performances in Nevada, adding: “I am on vocal rest as I recover from a sinus infection.”

Less than a month later, he cancelled his San Diego show after being diagnosed with a respiratory infection that resulted in laryngitis.

Earlier this month, the rocker became a grandparent for the six time as his daughter Ruby gave birth to a son called Levi.