Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to take a major step in “rebuilding trust” with the monarchy, according to sources.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are considering issuing a public apology to King Charles for causing “enormous pain” over the last five years, sources suggest. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex could craft a statement that “gives the King the respect he wants without forcing Harry and Meghan to walk back every interview, documentary or page of Spare”, a source said. It comes amid the growing possibility of a reconciliation between the Sussexes and the Palace, with Harry and Meghan reuniting their children with Charles at Highgrove House last month. The source told royal journalist Rob Shuter: “Everyone agrees trust has to be rebuilt. An apology doesn’t have to be a surrender. It’s an acknowledgement that this family feud went too far. Charles wants peace – but he also wants respect. This could be the first real step towards both.”
The estrangement between Harry and Meghan and the rest of the Firm has been linked to the couple’s allegations of racism and mistreatment, and bombshell revelations made about members of the family in the duke’s memoir, Spare. This isn’t about Harry and Meghan admitting they were wrong about everything,” the source told Mr Shuter’s Naughty But Nice Substack. “It’s about acknowledging that the past five years have caused enormous pain. The debate now is over what an apology should say, and, just as importantly, what it shouldn’t.”
THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED.

Harry and Meghan are reportedly considering issuing a public apology to the King (Image: ANP/AFP via Getty Images)
Lauren Welch
THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED.

Archie and Lilibet (Image: Instagram/meghan)
Lauren Welch
Prince Harry ‘doesn’t want children to be seen’ for one key reason

Prince Harry (Image: GETTY)
Get the latest news and gossip from the Royal Family plus selected offers and competitions Invalid email
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy
Lauren Welch
Meghan Markle sparks fan fury after bizarre response in new video

Meghan Markle (Image: GETTY)
Lauren Welch
Sarah Ferguson and Andrew’s ‘shock plan’ after birth of Eugenie’s baby – insider

Sarah and Andrew (Image: GETTY)
Lauren Welch
Royal insider issues bombshell Prince Harry update

Prince Harry (Image: GETTY)
Lauren Welch
‘Real reason’ Princess Eugenie chose Portugal for her life with 3 children

Princess Eugenie is now a mum to three little ones (Image: GETTY)
Lauren Welch
King Charles interrupts summer holiday to make secret visit
The 77-year-old, who has been spending time at the Scottish estate with his family, was treated to a “truly memorable occasion” at a Scottish Highland community earlier today.

King Charles (Image: Ewen Weatherspoon/PA Wire)
Lauren Welch
Good afternoon from London. Royal reporter Lauren Welch here and I’ll be bringing you the latest royal news into this evening.
Royal fans issue major complaint about Meghan Markle’s ‘fake’ new message
Meghan Markle was criticised by fans for being “fake” and “pretentious” after her latest message. The Duchess of Sussex sent a new message to her fans and customers for her lifestyle brand, As Ever, on Thursday evening, talking about her “summer in the garden”.
Meghan spoke about her “simple pleasures” that happen during the season, including fresh flowers in the morning, herbs for the table and fresh fruit.
But some fans were not impressed with the polished tone of the message and took to social media to express their views.

Meghan Markle sniffing flowers in her garden (Image: As Ever)
Meghan Markle sparks fan fury after bizarre response in new video
Meghan Markle sparked debate among fans after giving some life advice to a group of young girls while promoting one of her films.
The Duchess of Sussex appeared in a new video promoting Cookie Queens, a documentary she executive-produced with her husband, Prince Harry, through their Archewell Productions company.
One of the girls asked her about something she was told as a child that “still guides her to this day”. Meghan replied: “Keep a good heart.”
But some fans were not impressed with the answer, following her previous attacks to the Royal Family, or her estranged relationship with her father, Thomas Markle, and took to social media to express their views.

Meghan Markle has sparked debate (Image: Tasty)
Meghan Markle just broke one royal’s golden rule – now she’ll face the consequences
If the Duchess of Sussex has made a name for doing anything over her last decade in the international spotlight, it is knowing how to position herself for maximum visibility.
“It’s no wonder she was reportedly so upset to have been sidelined during the reunion between Prince Harry and King Charles last month.”